FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
AGELESS RETIREMENT COMMUNITY
Q. What does Ageless Retirement Community mean?
Q. What is the philosophy behind this concept?
- In a township project of real estate, reserve an area specifically for the
- Meant primarily for senior citizens, the property can be owned by any age
group, but the owner resident or tenant should be a minimum of 45 years of
- No segregation of living spaces between the younger (45-59 yrs) and senior
citizens (above 60 years). However, senior citizens above 75 years of age
may be given preference for the occupation of lower floors
- Common facilities, amenities, services and care components created would
be used by all residents of the Ageless Community
- Other facilities in the township project including sports, clubhouse,
swimming pool, etc., will be available to the owners/residents of Ageless
Community. The usage may be charged
- The facilities and common amenities created for the resident of the Ageless
Community will be exclusive for their use only
- The property is freehold and can be sold to anyone above the age of 45 years
or if sold to someone younger, he or she can come only when they are 45
years of age.
- Age limit of 45 years is the age of one of the spouses; the other can be
younger or older. If the elder spouse dies, the younger spouse can continue to
live in the same dwelling even if he or she is less than 45 years. Children are
allowed to live with their parents.
- Services, care, property management and resale will be facilitated as hitherto fore.
- While residents can enjoy all facilities and amenities provided in the Ageless
Community, the residents would need to abide by Guidelines for Ageless
- Services and Care would be provided, which has over 18
years of experience in this segment of senior living and care.
Q. What are the advantages to senior citizens?
- No feeling of exclusion from the society since they will be living in the midst
of the younger generation
- Get quality services and care that includes Assisted and
- Availability of other facilities in the Club House Complex
- Freedom and independence and yet be in the same complex with their
children should they also invest in an apartment
- All the advantages of living in an Ageless Community
- Live as a Joint Family without boredom
Q. What are the advantages to the younger investor (45 years of age)?
- Freedom and independence
- Live in the same dwelling after retirement
- Safety and security for children
- Use of all amenities
- Exclusive use of facilities in Ageless Community
- Parents can live in the same complex but with independence
- No worries about parents as CovaiCare services and care are available
- In case of a working couple, solves all issues with housekeeping, plumber, electrician as well as basic and emergency medical care
- Children can learn from the elders who are knowledgeable; keeps seniors also occupied
- The vibrancy in the Ageless community creates the atmosphere of a Joint Family but with individual independence and freedom
- Sense of fulfilling social obligations in caring for seniors
- Early investment for the future and reduce the cost of capital
Q. What is the entry age to this community living?
Q. If the elder spouse dies, whether the younger spouse can stay in the dwelling?
Q. If the single parent 45 years dies, can his/her children continue to stay in their apartment? If not, what will happen to the dwelling?
This is an exception necessitated by circumstances and cannot be quoted as precedence.
Q. Seniors are postponing their entry into a retirement community, why reduce the age of entry to 45 years?
- Assume the age of marriage of a man of that generation, who is 45 years old today to be between 26 and 30 years.
- Assume that normally the man is older than his wife by a few years and he and his wife may or may not be working. More likely that she may be employed since husband and wife going to work took deeper roots from that generation.
- Possibly they would have invested in a property by the age of 40 and paying for the loan.
- At his age of 45 years, the elder child of the couple would likely to finish school and enter college. May or may not live with the parents once the child goes to college.
- If there is one more sibling, the age could be 14 to 16 years (exceptions are possible). When the man is 47 years, his second child may also go to college.
- If the parents of the husband and wife are alive, they would be around 75 years or so. This is the age when the effects of longevity show up. The children of the seniors are now worried about the care of their parents. If the children are separated by distance (as is the case in this segment), the effects of old age of parents worry the children and also the parents.
- It is at this age of around 47 to 50 years, one seriously starts looking for postretired life. Possibly their parents care could become a problem at this age.
- Gives the option of the owner and his family in one apartment and the parents/in-laws in another apartment.
- The trend in the Western world is that the millennials do not desire to invest in a house or car, and they move to different cities. They do not want to be hassled by properties. Renting a place as provided by Airbnb is a good option.
- In India, the first time property investor is between the age of 35 and 40. If the Western trend catches up with India (some of these trends are already adopted!) and, if the Ageless Community investment option is available years, many younger people may opt for it even if they are less than 45 as there is no restriction on investment age but only occupation age. They may move in when they wish to above 45 years or sell it off for better returns than real estate.
- By this, the options are open, and they get better ROI. If the option of Ageless Community is available, the investment into a dwelling in such a community would be preferred.
Q. Is it possible for the children to stay with their parents?
Q. If the children are married and above 45, is it possible to continue staying with the parents?
Q. Can single daughter/son stay with parents who are senior citizens?
Each case will be viewed on its merit by the Resident Committee and the Management and decided accordingly.
Q. Is it a freehold property?
Q. You are providing so many facilities. Will it be expensive?
We need these facilities and amenities. These have been planned based on
requirement and experience. Cost will be commensurate with the
facilities provided. It will not be expensive.
Q. Can our friends/ relatives come and stay?
Q. Is there any restriction for a particular community to stay in the project?
Q. What are the food options for the residents? Do we get both Vegetarian and NonVegetarian food?
Q. Whether the food will be spicy or senior friendly?
As a policy, we caters to the taste of its residents. We always make provisions
to add salt and spice on the dining table. We are sensitive to the taste buds of our
residents and ensure sustained good quality and tasty food with variety. Cost has to
be kept in mind and while deciding Menu, our AGM would take part in the meeting
of the Food Committee every month and take action.
Q. Who selects the menu?
Q. What are the services that I can expect?
- Catering Services
- House-keeping Services.
- Gardening Services.
- Annual Medical Check-ups.
- Preventive maintenance & On-Call service by electrician, plumber and carpenter.
- Payment of taxes, telephone and electricity bills and preparation of IT Returns.
- Emergency services including evacuation to hospitals.
- Maintenance of Health Record and arranging periodic medical check-up in hospitals.
- Doctor facilities – In-house / on call.
- Structured supply of medicines.
- Arrangement for banking facility (ATM in the township)
Q. Are pets allowed?
- Pet owners reserve the right to consider their pets as family members. However, pet owners are advised to ensure that their pets are not a nuisance to others
- Barking or Meowing is a natural form of expression for the animal, and must and has to be tolerated in a society. However, being in a senior living community incessant barking can disturb neighbours. Hence pet owners are advised to make every effort to keep their pets quiet particularly during night
- Pet owners are advised to ensure that their pets are healthy and clean. Adequate health care and regular vaccinations need to be ensured. Sterilization is advised to keep the pets less aggressive
- Pet owners or the care-givers are advised to either clean up when their pets defecate in public premises, or participate in other solutions for maintaining cleanliness. We have provided bins is the corners of every street. The pet owners are requested to gather the poop in newspaper and discard it in the green bins.
- Dog owners are requested to walk their dogs in the open ground so that it does not inconvenience others. Please maintain timings which do not clash with the morning or evening walk or meal sessions in the community.
- Leashing of pets in public spaces is advisable. You may let lose the pets outside your premises
- Entry of pets within the dining area or the clubhouse is not allowed
- Services will not cater to any special food requirements for the pets. However, food from the existing menu can be provided without spice and salt at regular portion rates
Q. What type of care are available in the Ageless Community?
- Assisted Care
- Palliative Care
- Preventive Care
- PsWD Care
COST AND OTHER DEPOSITS
Q. What are the various charges payable?
- Maintenance charges for the township for upkeep and utilities
- Monthly Maintenance charges (MMC) payable to CovaiCare for services and care.
- MMC for the first year will be taken in advance and adjusted during the frst year of occupation.
- Catering Advance for one month – payable when the resident commences eating in our Common Dine-in facility. To be returned when the resident vacates the dwelling on sale of the property or otherwise
Q. Do we have to pay one-time Corpus?
Whenever a dwelling changes hands (except to legal heir), the new owner will have to pay the specified Corpus Amount which may not the same as what the previous owner paid. Such amounts are also used for the SCF upkeep
Q. What charges constitutes monthly maintenance?
We follow a simple policy for Charging Monthly Maintenance Charges (MMC):
- All common charges which are enjoyed by all are divided equally between all dwellings irrespective of the size. This is because, unlike in a normal real estate projects, individuals can get more services than others and so need to pay for the same.
- Individual charges applicable for the services taken, will be paid by that individual. This also includes Housing Keeping Charges as the charges to the HK staff will vary depending upon the time spent to do up the dwelling based on its plinth area.
Q. How frequently will the maintenance charges change?
Normally MMC will be revised annually by the end of each financial year in April.
Q. Is housekeeping compulsory?
What more can Ageless Community offer?
While the services and care facilities created for the residents of the ageless community
can not be used by other residents in the township of which the ageless community
is a part. However, if the interest is to avail of some of these services offered, including the creation of an Integrated Health Centre by other residents in
the township, the same can be extended subject to the approval of the management
of Wadhwa group.