Several studies have shown that being around nature boosts our mood, increases our productivity, helps us concentrate better and to remain calm and composed throughout the day. Nature is a form of natural therapy, which when incorporated into our lives, changes it for the better. You don’t have to go to the Himalayas to feel at one with nature. You can create your very own natural den inside your apartment. All you need are some good indoor plants that provide a green touch to your house to elevate your spirits and provide your healthy home with an idyllic environment.
Here are some beautiful indoor plant ideas to make your home stand out:
1. Kitchen Plants:
Kitchen plants are a great way to add a green touch to your home. Even if you have a small kitchen, that’s not an issue because you don’t need too much space to turn your kitchen into a mini garden. Balcony kitchen gardens add a beautiful touch to your home. You can grow indoor kitchen plants such as basil, coriander, palak, pudina, lemongrass, dill, curry leaves and even tulsi.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Sunlight is essential, so make sure that your kitchen plants get enough exposure to sunlight throughout the day. Ideally, a small garden can be set up in the utilities area or on a ledge near the kitchen window.
- Select hardy plant varieties that can survive with less natural resources. Good indoor plants such as aloe vera and tulsi require minimal maintenance.
- Hanging plants work great in a kitchen. They require minimal space and provide an aesthetic appeal to the kitchen.
- Make sure you use pots which can drain freely and use good quality soil to prevent leakages.
2. Balcony plants:
Most apartments in big cities come with at least one balcony. If you have two, consider yourself lucky. That’s twice the amount of space you get to create your own little natural abode! Here are ways through which you can do this:
- Check out wall and railing plants. You can grow several creepers such as money plants, ivy, jasmine, honeysuckle and simple green non-flowering creepers in your garden which get beautifully entangled with the balcony railings and provide you with a sense of peace and privacy.
- Use succulent plants such as aloe vera and cacti to add a green touch to your balcony. Succulents require very less maintenance and add a classy demeanour to your home garden.
- Incorporate vertical gardening in your balcony garden. Vertical gardens take up less space and also suit a balcony setting. You can use rail planters and vertical planters to support vertical plants. You can easily grow ferns, air plants and vines on your balcony.
- Plant shady varieties that don’t require much sunlight to grow. Flowers such as begonia, copper plants and garden hydrangeas are beautiful indoor plants that add a green touch to your home.
3. Air purifying house plants:
With Mumbai’s pollution levels skyrocketing especially in top residential hotspots and commercial areas, looking for pure air to breathe is like looking for a diamond in the rocks. Instead, you can make your home more environmentally friendly and clean by installing air purifying house plants that absorb harmful pollutants and keep you healthy. They absorb carbon dioxide, reduce airborne dust particulates, keep the temperature low, act as a noise repellent, and keep out harmful chemicals.
- Aloe vera is a super plant that also has excellent air purifying qualities. It absorbs carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and is very easy to maintain. It also has several antibacterial properties and acts as an insect repellent.
- House lilies act as fantastic air purifying house plants that absorb benzene and formaldehyde, keeping your home pure while adding a green touch at the same time
- Snake plants and spider plants are also great air purifying house plant options. They are hardy plants that require very little sunlight and maintenance.
These are several other plants you can check out at local shops to see what suits a hot humid Indian climate.
4. Living room house plants:
Your living room deserves the most exotic plants because it is the center of attention. Beautiful indoor plants, when added to your living room gives your house a sense of grandeur and elegance.
Here are some living room houseplant ideas:
- You can create small groups of plants and place them together to make it look like a small garden. You can place them in beautiful glass bottles, ceramic pots and decorated earthenware
- Hanging plants work very well in the living room too, especially on the corner walls. If you have a large window in your living room you could use that for hanging indoor plants too.
- Even singular large plants placed on the corners or near large pieces of furniture look very beautiful and uplift your living room miraculously!
Having a spacious living room gives you ample opportunity to spice it up with some lovely house plants!
5. Bedroom plants:
Did you know that certain plants can help you sleep better? Some beautiful indoor plants also make your bedroom more peaceful and serene. Aromatic plants release calming fragrances that help you unwind and relax.
Here are some bedroom plant ideas:
- Lavender and jasmine can transform your room and make it feel like you just walked into an aromatic flower bed. The fragrance from these plants is known to reduce heart and blood pressure and aids in providing you with a good night’s sleep.
- Good old aloe vera never fails to impress, even in the bedroom. Aloe vera emits oxygen at night instead of during the day, giving your lungs a break from the pollution outdoors.
- English ivy and rosemary are also good indoor plants especially in the bedroom. Rosemary has a subtle fragrance which soothes your mind when you sleep.
These are just some of the ways through which you can incorporate beautiful indoor plants to give you humble abode a green touch. Working amidst greenery keeps your stress levels low especially when working from home.
At The Wadhwa Group, we offer a wide range of luxurious spacious homes that provide ample opportunities for beautiful indoor plants and balcony gardens to help you and your family live happily in peace and tranquility. We prioritise sustainability and attach a great deal of importance to greenery in all our projects. All our residential as well as commercial projects provide landscaped gardens and lush greenery to ensure that you and your loved ones experience the serenity of nature amidst the hustle and bustle of Mumbai.
With our support and guidance, buy your dream home with us today and create your very own green oasis!